United Way’s Pride Leadership Development Program was established to identify, train, and promote the placement of LGBTQ+ Individuals on boards, committees, community projects, and policy–making positions in order to ensure the Greater Rochester community and organizations are tapping the full potential of the LGBTQ+ community. Nonprofit board members are often passionate about the objectives of the organization, but it takes more than passion to govern a nonprofit organization. Board members must understand their role within the organization, fundraising tools and management techniques. As professionals in your field, this leadership training will help you become acclimated to your role as a volunteer, community leader, a board member and enhance your problem solving skills.
The training is 3 days in length and the curriculum topics include, but are not limited to: Self-Leadership, Board Member, Responsibilities, Group Dynamics, Communication and Networking.
You must attend all program dates, so mark your calendar now.
- Wednesday, February 13 – Friday, February 15 (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Graduation - TBD
Application deadline is Monday, December 3, 2018.
PLDP Application Process
If your application is received after the deadline it will be considered for 2020.
- Complete the entire application (including all questions, volunteer history, heritage, references, supervisor’s signature, etc.) as it will be used during the application process.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Seek approval and signature from your supervisor or employer to participate. If you are self-employed this does not apply.
- All applicants will be formally interviewed each year. You should be prepared to answer interview questions similar to the ones in this application.
- All applicants will be notified by January 2, 2019 with a determination on participation. If accepted to the program, please share any accommodations needed, such as interpreters, dietary needs, etc.
- Please note: All PLDP Locations listed are ADA compliant.
- Complete all written sections of the 2019 PLDP Application
- Attach a resume and any additional pages.
- Mark my calendar with all PLDP Program Dates.
- Be sure to fill out the Intent to Participate
- Applicant’s supervisor signed the Supervisor’s Approval (if applicable)
- Keep a copy of the last page of the application for reference
- Send completed 2019 PLDP Application to United Way (email, fax or mail)
- Call or email PLDP to confirm receipt