BUILD YOUR LEGACY OF COMMUNITY SUPPORT WITH AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER
A charitable IRA rollover allows individuals ages 70½ years or older to make gifts to charities, including United Way, directly from an Individual Retirement Account (IRA). With this gift, you will help to create a legacy of community improvement— for the challenges we face today and the efforts to create a vibrant Rochester into the future.
to learn more about United Way's IRA Charitable Rollover program.
- IRA Charitable Rollovers provide a simple way to support our community by making a gift from a major asset.
- When you transfer funds directly to United Way from an IRA, the funds can potentially reduce your taxable income.
- The charitable contribution counts toward your minimum distribution.
A distribution from your IRA is typically taxed as ordinary income. If you meet the conditions below, you are eligible to make a gift directly to United Way that is tax-free.
- Must be ages 70 1/2 or older (note that required minimum distributions begin at 72 years of age)
- Annual IRA gift cannot exceed $100,000
- Your IRA administrator must make the transfer directly to United Way of Greater Rochester
The gift would count toward your IRA required minimum distribution.
HOW TO MAKE A DISTRIBUTION
Here is how you transfer funds from your IRA to United Way:
We are here to help!
- Contact your IRA administrator
- Tell your IRA administrator you wish to make a direct distribution from your IRA to United Way
- Request a check made payable to United Way of Greater Rochester and indicate it is a distribution from the account of (your name)
- Provide United Way of Greater Rochester's Federal Tax ID #: 16-1015782
Please contact Julie Marsiglio at Julie.Marsiglio@uwrochester.org
or 585 242-6465 with any questions or to let us know that you are making a payment.