African American Leadership Development Program (AALDP)
The African American Leadership Development Program (AALDP) increases the number and broadens the participation of African Americans in leadership roles in the Greater Rochester community.
Since 1992, United Way of Greater Rochester's African American Leadership Development Program has been positively impacting our community and strengthening Rochester's workforce.
AALDP is a unique development program that identifies, trains and promotes the placement of African Americans in policy-making positions at community organizations in the Greater Rochester area.
Leadership Development Program
- Eight full-day training sessions
- Encourages community awareness, leadership and networking in the African American community
- Curriculum topics include communication, leadership, decision-making, conflict resolution and board membership responsibilities
Program Recruitment and Participation
- AALDP Program Dates
- AALDP Application
- Recruitment efforts for AALDP begin every spring
- Participants must receive release time from employer to participate
- Program participation fee is $249 per individual (class size is limited)
A special thanks to our sponsor:
$20 provides one older adult
with a hearing test so they can live (and hear) independently.
Need More Information?
Contact Rodney A. Young, United Way's AALDP Program Coordinator at 585.242.6556.
You can also download one of our informational PDFs: